There are so many places and things to see and do in Marco Island. We have made our top 10 Marco Island list of our favorite things (for both adults and children). In addition, See our 21 Fun Things to do with Children: https://seamarcondo.com/things-to-do-with-children-in-marco-island
1. Crescent Beach
Crescent Beach is 3 1/2 miles of pristine white sand beach along the Gulf coast of Marco Island. It is perfect for walking, relaxation, or water sports. Sea Mar Condos overlook Crescent Beach from the north end of the island. Parasailing over Crescent Beach is a favorite with guests!
2. Tigertail Beach/Lagoon
Tigertail Beach is located to the north of Sea Mar Condos and surrounds the lagoon. This beach is very serene and beautiful and is great for shelling (especially for sand dollars). Tigertail Beach was named by Coastal Living magazine as one of the world’s “Most Hidden Beaches”. An early morning walk to the north end of Tigertail Beach is a great start to the day. Take a water bottle as the late morning can get quite warm, especially in the summer. A shelling bag is also highly recommended.
Tigertail Lagoon is also great place to paddleboard or kayak.
What is prettier than a Marco Island sunset? Whether on the beach or dining at a beachfront restaurant, it is the perfect end to the day. Located at the Apollo, one of our favorite places to see the sunset is Sunset Grill (239) 389-0509. Another is Smokehouse Bay at the Esplanade. We also recommend Marco Island Pedal Boat’s sunset cruise and the Sweet Liberty Catamaran sunset tour in Naples (a wonderful sunset tour of the Naples area). The Naples Pier is especially beautiful at sunset. Above all, be sure to take your camera.
Shelling is always a fun experience! Plan for it and allow time for gathering your treasures. If you plan to walk across a sand bar, start 2 hours before low tide. Give yourself plenty of time before high tides. In addition, have comfortable water shoes and sunscreen. Also, bring a mesh bag or shelling bucket to collect your shells. DO NOT take live shells! It is illegal on Marco Island.
Marco Island Tide Chart
Southwest Florida Shelling
(239) 825-6942 https://www.swflshellguide.com/tours
Treasure Seekers Shell Tours
(239) 571-2331 https://treasureseekersshelltours.com/
Reel Kind Fishing and Shelling Tours
(239) 249-9878 https://www.reelkind.com/
Shell Camp Florida
(716) 867-4487 https://shellcampflorida.com
5. Marco Island Princess
The beautiful 90′ Marco Island Princess is an excellent way to see Marco island from the water. It sails daily from Rose Marina, 951 Bald Eagle Drive. The Marco Island Princess offers sightseeing, nature and history, dinner and sunset cruises. Moreover, the food and sunsets are awesome! While cruising, enjoy playful dolphins and beautiful views of waterfront homes. Sunshine Tours & Charters (239) 642-5415
6. Key West Express
There’s nothing better than boating though the Gulf waters on a ferry heading south to Key West. The ferry departs from Rose Marian, 951 Bald Eagle Drive and takes approximately 3 hours to get to Key West. There you can eat lunch and sight see for 6 hours before returning home later in the evening. You can also opt to stay overnight and return the next day.
Key West Express
7. Everglades National Park
Everglades National Park is certainly a must see for visitors to Marco Island. Jet ski or take a Craigcat through the 10,000 islands. Take a short 45 minutes drive to Everglades City where airboat and Swamp buggy tours are also available. You will learn about Everglades plants and animals, in addition to taking in awesome views. It is also not unusual to spot alligators, raccoons, and rare birds.
A recommended Day Trip to Everglades National Park: https://seamarcondo.com/day-trip-to-everglades-national-park
- Captain Jack’s Airboat Tours. 200 Collier Ave, Everglades City, FL 34139
- (877)-663-2031 https://www.captainjacksairboattours.com
- Captain Ron’s Awesome Everglades Adventures (jet ski tour). Leaves from Caxambas Park Marina, 909 Collier Court.
- (239) 777-9975 https://www.paradisecoast.com/profile/capt-rons-awesome-everglades-adventures/322
- Corey Billie’s Airboat Rides
- (239) 389-7433 https://cbairboatrides.com https://seamarcondo.com/a-day-trip-with-corey-billys-airboat-rides
Fifth Avenue South in Naples is a Main Street of adventure! Retail shops, restaurants, coffee and ice cream shops (Kilwin’s), and gift stores line the street. At night, it is especially beautiful when it becomes a “wonderland” of lighted palm trees.
On Marco Island, The Esplanade Shoppes is a coastal Italian-style village. It consists of upscale retailers and small specialty stores. The Marco Walk Plaza combines specialty shops and dining options. And because everyone needs the basics, a Walmart is also located a few miles off the island at 6650 Collier Blvd, Naples. Nearby are Lowes, Home Depot and Marshalls.
9. Eco Tours, Bird Watching, Sea Life, and Fishing
Tigertail Beach is also home to dolphins, ospreys and shore birds. Adjacent to Tigertail Beach Park is Big Marco Pass Critical Wildlife area. Black skimmers, and least terns nest and raise their young in this protected area. Around Marco Island and the Everglades, mangroves are especially full of wildlife, with pelican, roseate spoonbill, white ibis, great blue heron, snowy egret, bald eagle and osprey.
The Gulf waters are also alive with sea life, including sea turtles, ray, and crab. It is not unusual to see manatee on Marco Island. It is also common to see dolphins playing in the waters. https://seamarcondo.com/calico-crab
In addition, Sea Turtles nest on Marco Island between May and August. Afterwards, (around 60 days after a nest is laid), baby turtles emerge and crawl to the water. Hatching is between July and October, usually at night. When walking the beach, look for the yellow taped nests. Research managers check nests each day to record nest activity? https://seamarcondo.com/sea-turtles-on-marco-island
Marco Island’s burrowing owls are also a highlight to the island’s visitors. https://seamarcondo.com/burrowing-owls-on-marco-island
- Dolphin Explorer – This is a great adventure for kids!
- (239) 642-6899 https://seamarcondo.com/the-dolphin-explorer-is-a-great-way-to-see-marcos-most-famous-residents https://dolphin-study.com
- Eco Endeavors Boat and Kayak Tours
- (239) 877-5902 https://seamarcondo.com/boating-around-marco-island-with-eco-endeavors https://ecoendeavors.org/islandboatadventures
- Hemingway Water Shuttle
- (239) 315-1136 https://www.hemingwaywatershuttle.com
- Avi’s Watersports (239) 777-9873
- Back Water Adventure Marco Island
- (239) 877-4531 https://backwateradventure.com
- Dolphin Cove Marina – Rent your own boat and explore – it’s easy with Dophin Cove Marina!
- (239) 289-8654 https://www.boatrentalsofswfl.com
Fishing on Marco Island
Marco Island Florida lies in the midst of some of the world’s best fishing waters.
Before you go fishing, Florida regulations require that you have a saltwater or fresh water fishing license. If you are angling from a charter boat or vessel they already have the appropriate licenses. However there are exceptions for residents over 65 or under 16. In addition, non-Florida residents 16 and over must obtain a license. Options are either a three-day, seven-day or one-year license. For more information contact the Collier County Tax Collector’s offices (239)-394-6986.
10. On the Water and Sunset Dining
Magical and mystical, Marco Island is certainly a tropical paradise. Think of color splashed sunsets on sparkling Gulf waters and white sand beaches. What could be more relaxing than dining in a casual atmosphere with live beach music? https://seamarcondo.com/waterfront-dining-at-the-snook-inn-marco-island-fl
Restaurants on the island serve Florida’s freshest seafood – shrimp, scallop, crab and grouper. In addition, if you enjoy fishing, some restaurants will prepare your catch for dinner. Many of Marco Island’s restaurants also offer on the water or beach dining.
List of Favorite Restaurants:
Some of our favorites…..Note: ($$$) is more pricey, but great for special occasions.
- The World Famous Snook Inn (pictured) (waterfront), 1215 Bald Eagle Dr.
- (239) 394-3313
- Sunset Grille at the Apollo (great for sunsets) (waterfront), 900 S Collier Blvd
- (239) 393-8433
- Sand Bar (sports bar w/great seafood and burgers), 826 E Elkcam Circle
- (239) 642-3625
- CJ’s on the Bay (at the Esplanade) (waterfront), 740 N Collier Blvd
- (239) 389-4511
- Marco Island Princess (dinner cruise) Rose Marina, 951 Bald Eagle Dr.
- (239) 642-5415
- Nacho Mama’s (Mexican) 599 S Collier Blvd
- (239) 389-2222
- Doreen’s Cup of Joe (great breakfast/lunch), 267 N. Collier Blvd
- (239) 394-2600
- Sweet Annie’s of Marco (ice cream), 692 Bald Eagle Dr.
- (239) 642-7180
- Mango’s, 760 N Collier Blvd #109 (at the Esplanade) (waterfront)
- (239) 393-2433
- Dolphin Tiki Bar & grill (waterfront), 1021 Anglers Cove
- (239) 394-4048
- The SpeakEasy (waterfront), 1106 N Collier Blvd
- (239) 9770-2929
- Pinchers, 351 S Collier Blvd
- (239) 970-5391
- Marco Island Brewery, 1089 N Collier Blvd
- (239) 970-0461
- The Oyster Society ($$$), 599 S Collier Blvd
- (239) 394-3474
- Sale e Pepe ($$$), 480 S Collier Blvd
- Da Vinci’s ($$$) (Italian), 599 S Collier Blvd
- (239) 389-1888