There are so many places and things to see and do in Marco Island. We have made our top 10 Marco Island list of our favorite things (for both adults and children). See our 21 Fun Things to do with Children: https://seamarcondo.com/things-to-do-with-children-in-marco-island
1. Crescent Beach
Crescent Beach is 3 1/2 miles of pristine white sand beach along the Gulf coast of Marco Island. It is perfect for walking, relaxation, or water sports. Sea Mar Condos overlook Crescent Beach from the north end of the island. Parasailing over Crescent Beach is a favorite with guests!
2. Tigertail Beach/Lagoon
Tigertail Beach is located very close to Sea Mar Condos. It surrounds a lagoon. By crossing the lagoon or walking around it, you can get to Tigertail Beach. Be sure to find the shell trees and leave your “shellprint”! Tigertail Beach was named by Coastal Living magazine as one of the world’s “Most Hidden Beaches”. The beach is very serene and beautiful and is great for shelling. An early morning walk to the north end of Tigertail Beach (about 2 1/2 miles one way) is a great start to the day. It is guaranteed to bring peace of mind and relieve stress. Take a water bottle as the late morning can get quite warm, especially in the summer. A shelling bag is also highly recommended. You may find lots of sand dollars and other beautiful shells.
Tigertail Lagoon is a great place to paddleboard or kayak.
What is prettier than a Marco Island sunset? Whether on the beach or dining at a beachfront restaurant, it is the perfect end to the day. One of our favorite places to see the sunset is Sunset Grill (239) 389-0509. It is located on the south end of Crescent Beach at the Apollo. Another is Smokehouse Bay at the Esplanade. We also recommend Sweet Liberty Catamaran tours in Naples. This is a wonderful sunset tour of the Naples area. The Naples Pier is especially beautiful at sunset. Be sure to take your camera.
Shelling is a fun experience! Plan for it and allow time for gathering your treasures. If you plan to walk across a sand bar, start 2 hours before low tide. Give yourself plenty of time before high tides. Have comfortable water shoes and sunscreen. Also, bring a mesh bag or shelling bucket to collect your shells. DO NOT take live shells! It is illegal on Marco Island.
Marco Island Tide Chart
- Shelling Tours
Treasure Seekers Shell Tours
(239) 571-2331 https://treasureseekersshelltours.com/
Reel Kind Fishing and Shelling Tours
(239) 249-9878 https://www.reelkind.com/
Sand Dollar Shelling
(239) 301-8913 https://sanddollarshelling.com/
5. Marco Island Princess
The beautiful 90′ Marco Island Princess is an excellent way to see Marco island from the water. It sails daily from Rose Marina, 951 Bald Eagle Drive. The Marco Island Princess offers sightseeing, nature and history, dinner and sunset cruises. The food and sunsets are awesome! While cruising, enjoy playful dolphins and beautiful views of waterfront homes. Sunshine Tours & Charters (239) 642-5415
6. Key West Express
There’s nothing better than boating though the Gulf waters on a ferry heading south to Key West. The ferry departs from Rose Marian, 951 Bald Eagle Drive. It takes approximately 3 hours to get to Key West. There you can eat lunch and sight see for 6 hours before either returning home later in the evening. You can also opt to stay overnight and return the next day.
Key West Express
7. Everglades National Park
Everglades National Park is a must see for visitors to the Marco Island area. You can jet ski through the 10,000 islands with Captain Ron. Another option is to drive to Everglades City. There you can take an airboat to ride through mangroves. Swamp buggy rides through the marshes are also available. It is a fun day’s adventure. You will learn about Everglades plants and animals. It is also not unusual to spot alligators, raccoons, and rare birds. For children, there is also an animal sanctuary. The sanctuary is home to tigers, panthers, turtles, otters, snakes, crocodiles and over 100 alligators.
A recommended Day Trip to Everglades National Park: https://seamarcondo.com/day-trip-to-everglades-national-park
- Everglade Tours
- Captain Jack’s Airboat Tours. 200 Collier Ave, Everglades City, FL 34139
- (877)-663-2031 https://www.captainjacksairboattours.com
- Captain Ron’s Awesome Everglades Adventures (jet ski tour). Leaves from Caxambas Park Marina, 909 Collier Court.
- (239) 777-9975 https://www.paradisecoast.com/profile/capt-rons-awesome-everglades-adventures/322
- Corey Billie’s Airboat Rides
- (239) 389-7433 https://cbairboatrides.com https://seamarcondo.com/a-day-trip-with-corey-billys-airboat-rides
Fifth Avenue South in Naples is a Main Street of adventure! Retail shops, restaurants, coffee and ice cream shops (Kilwin’s), and gift stores line the street. At night, it is a “wonderland” of lighted palm trees.
On Marco Island, The Esplanade Shoppes is a coastal Italian-style village. It consists of upscale retailers and small specialty stores. The Marco Walk Plaza combines specialty shops and dining options. A Walmart is also located a few miles off the island at 6650 Collier Blvd, Naples. Very close by that location is Lowes, Home Depot and Marshalls.
9. Eco Tours, Bird Watching, Sea Life, and Fishing
Tigertail Beach is home to dolphins, ospreys and shore birds. Adjacent to Tigertail Beach Park is Big Marco Pass Critical Wildlife area. Black skimmers, and least terns nest and raise their young in this protected area. Around Marco Island and the Everglades, mangroves are full of wildlife. It is common to see pelican, roseate spoonbill, white ibis, great blue heron, snowy egret, bald eagle and osprey.
The Gulf waters are alive with sea life. Species include sea turtles, ray, and crab. It is not unusual to see manatee on Marco Island. It is also common to see dolphins playing in the waters. https://seamarcondo.com/calico-crab
Sea Turtles nest on Marco Island between May and August. Around 60 days after a nest is laid, baby turtles emerge and crawl to the water. Hatching is between July and October, usually at night. When walking the beach, look for the yellow taped nests. Did you know research managers check each nest daily to record nest activity? https://seamarcondo.com/sea-turtles-on-marco-island
Marco Island’s burrowing owls are also a highlight to the island’s visitors. https://seamarcondo.com/burrowing-owls-on-marco-island
- Eco Tours on Marco Island
- Dolphin Explorer – This is a great adventure for kids!
- (239) 642-6899 https://seamarcondo.com/the-dolphin-explorer-is-a-great-way-to-see-marcos-most-famous-residents https://dolphin-study.com
- Eco Endeavors Boat and Kayak Tours
- (239) 877-5902 https://seamarcondo.com/boating-around-marco-island-with-eco-endeavors https://ecoendeavors.org/islandboatadventures
- Hemingway Water Shuttle
- (239) 315-1136 https://www.hemingwaywatershuttle.com
- Avi’s Watersports (239) 777-9873
- Back Water Adventure Marco Island
- (239) 877-4531 https://backwateradventure.com
- Dolphin Cove Marina – Rent your own boat and explore – it’s easy with Dophin Cove Marina!
- (239) 289-8654 https://www.boatrentalsofswfl.com
Fishing on Marco Island
Marco Island Florida lies in the midst of some of the world’s best fishing waters.
Before you go fishing, Florida regulations require that you have a saltwater or fresh water fishing license. If you are angling from a charter boat or vessel they already have the appropriate licenses. Exceptions: any resident over 65 or under 16. Non-Florida residents 16 and over must obtain a license. Options are either a three-day, seven-day or one-year license. For more information contact the Collier County Tax Collector’s offices (239)-394-6986.
To see a Fishing Species Chart for Marco Island, click on this link:
10. Dining/Theater on Marco Island
Magical and mystical, Marco Island is a tropical paradise. Think of color splashed sunsets on sparkling Gulf waters. The white sand beaches are beautiful. What could be more relaxing than dining in a casual atmosphere with live beach music? https://seamarcondo.com/waterfront-dining-at-the-snook-inn-marco-island-fl
Restaurants on the island offer diversified cuisine. Many serve Florida’s freshest seafood – shrimp, scallop, crab and grouper. If you enjoy fishing, some restaurants will prepare your catch for dinner. Many of Marco Island’s restaurants offer on the water or beach dining. Our condos provide an informative book listing many island restaurants with menus. https://seamarcondo.com/gourmet-dining-in-marco-island
Marco Island is also home to The Marco Players Theater for an after dinner play. The theater is located next to Marco Island Brewery.
List of Favorite Restaurants:
Some of our favorites…..Note: ($$$) is more pricey, but great for special occasions.
- The World Famous Snook Inn (pictured) (waterfront), 1215 Bald Eagle Dr.
- (239) 394-3313
- Sunset Grille at the Apollo (great for sunsets) (waterfront), 900 S Collier Blvd
- (239) 393-8433
- Sand Bar (sports bar w/great seafood and burgers), 826 E Elkcam Circle
- (239) 642-3625
- CJ’s on the Bay (at the Esplanade) (waterfront), 740 N Collier Blvd
- (239) 389-4511
- Marco Island Princess (dinner cruise) Rose Marina, 951 Bald Eagle Dr.
- (239) 642-5415
- Nacho Mama’s (Mexican) 599 S Collier Blvd
- (239) 389-2222
- Doreen’s Cup of Joe (great breakfast/lunch), 267 N. Collier Blvd
- (239) 394-2600
- Red Rooster (breakfast/lunch), 1821 San Marco Rd
- (239) 394-3100
- Sweet Annie’s of Marco (ice cream), 692 Bald Eagle Dr.
- (239) 642-7180
- Mango’s, 760 N Collier Blvd #109 (at the Esplanade) (waterfront)
- (239) 393-2433
- Dolphin Tiki Bar & grill (waterfront), 1021 Anglers Cove
- (239) 394-4048
- The SpeakEasy (waterfront), 1106 N Collier Blvd
- (239) 9770-2929
- Pinchers, 351 S Collier Blvd
- (239) 970-5391
- Marco Island Brewery, 1089 N Collier Blvd
- (239) 970-0461
- The Oyster Society ($$$), 599 S Collier Blvd
- (239) 394-3474
- Sale e Pepe ($$$), 480 S Collier Blvd
- Da Vinci’s ($$$) (Italian), 599 S Collier Blvd
- (239) 389-1888