Things To Do With Children in Marco Island
Before arrival, many of our guests inquire about things to do with children in Marco Island. We love our young visitors to Sea Mar Condo and wanted to put together a list of the many fun activities for children in Marco and the surrounding areas.
Fun, Fun, Fun…..
- Our pool is great! The pool is open from morning until dusk.
- 2. We highly recommend that you take youngsters on the “Dolphin Explorer” tour. We have done this excursion several times and it is always fun and informative for both adults and children. Their website is www.dolphin-study.com. This tour is an interactive study of the dolphins around Marco Island. They get the kids very involved on the tour and their ongoing dolphin experience. https://dolphin-study.com
- 3. We enjoy kayaking at Tigertail Beach or Rookery Bay. Several places will deliver kayaks and paddleboards to South Seas. Once you leave the pool area and cross the boardwalk to the beach, you will turn right to get to the Tigertail launching area. Rookery Bay is a short 10 minute drive from our condos.
- Rising Tide Kayak Rentals https://risingtidefl.com/
- Rookery Bay Kayak Tours https://rookerybay.org/
- Marco Island Bike and Kayak Rentals https://marcoislandbikerentals.com/
- 4. Everglades City is located about a 45 minute drive from Marco Island. It is a great place to take the kids to see alligators or go on an airboat ride or swamp buggy ride. The Gulf Coast Visitors Center in Everglades City also offers an awesome Ten Thousand Islands Boat Tour.
- Everglades City Airboats: https://www.evergladescity-airboattours.com/
- Gulf Coast Boat Tour: https://evergladesfloridaadventures.com/
- 5. Marco Golf and Garden has mini-golf and is located at 971 Winterberry Drive.
- 6. One of the most fun things we have done is a sightseeing cruise or a dinner cruise on the Marco Island Princess. The cruise is beautiful (especially sunset), the food is good, and the prices are very reasonable. Children 4-11 are half price and those under 4 are FREE. We have done this cruise several times – for dinner and sightseeing and it was great each time. (239) 642-5415
- 7. The Snook Inn has waterfront dining with live music each night. Several other restaurants have live music as well (The Speakeasy and The Boardroom). Many parents love dancing with the kids to the music.
- 8. A fun FREE adventure is just to walk the beach collecting sea shells or go on a shelling tour. There are many colors and shapes on the beach. We have shelling baskets in the condo and there is a shell washing station around the gated area to the beach.
- 9. Golisano Children’s museum of Naples is a 30 minute drive from Marco Island and is great for young children. The museum offers a lot of interactive experiences. It is located at 15080 Livingston Road, Naples, FL 34109. https://www.cmon.org
And Lots More Fun……
- 10. Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens is in Naples. What child doesn’t enjoy a trip to the zoo? http://www.napleszoo.org
- 11. We also have games, puzzles and beach toys in Sea Mar Condo for our young visitors to enjoy. Or make a nice “Dolphin Snack” – the kids will love it! https://seamarcondo.com/dolphin-snacks-for-everyone
- 12. The Marco movie Theater is located in the Marco Town Center at 599 S Collier Boulevard and is a great place to take the kids on a rainy day or on a day you are taking a break from the beach. They offer at-your-sea-dining options of casual American foods for you to enjoy during the movie.
- 13. Rent a bicycle from Marco Bike Rentals and bike around the island.
- 14. See the fire dancer at Quinn’s Restaurant at the Marco Marriott Hotel. The show begins each night at sunset and is a high energy performance that kids love! They can also meet the fire dancer and have their pictures taken with him after the show.
- 15. Take an airboat ride with Corey Billie’s Airboat Rides. Children get the chance to get up close to alligators and other wildlife. This was at the top of our nieces fun things to do during their vacation. https://cbairboatrides.com/
Fun For All Ages…….
- 16. Family fishing the Gulf waters. Marco Island is know for it’s spectacular fishing either on the island or on a deep sea adventure. Some captains even specialize in first timers.
- 17. Rookery Bay Learning Center is a fully air-conditioned 2 story facility with a variety of hands-on-experiences, including a 2,300-gallon aquarium and interactive exhibits. There is also a nature store and picnic area. Admission is free for kids on Friday. https://rookerybay.org/
- 18. Visit Marco Island’s Playgrounds. Both Mackle Park Playground and WaterPark and Tigertail Beach Park have full facilities. They offer play structures, swings, monkey bars, and slides as well as water activities.
- 19. Take an ice cream break at Sweet Annies! Yummy!!!! Children of all ages enjoy this tasty treat. In addition to the ice cream there are lots of souvenirs for all ages in this cute ice cream parlor.
- 20. Build a sand sculpture on the beach. Who doesn’t like to play in the sand? We have the perfect toys and buckets in Sea Mar Condo to make the perfect sand castle!
- 21. Pirates of Marco Island. Climb aboard the Black Pearl for an interactive family adventure. Watch your children transform into little buccaneers complete with pirate tattoos and pirate’s attire! The Black Pearl offers interactive pirate themed tours, sunset cruises and special event charters. NOTE: This excursion is only available during high season on the island (January-April) https://piratesofmarco.com/
Reserve your fun family vacation now in Marco Island at Sea Mar Condo.
Visit our website for rates and availability. https://seamarcondo.com