Although I never tire of seeing the beautiful beaches, sometimes a day trip to Naples from Marco Island is just what I need! There is a lot to see and do in the Naples area. Here is a helpful list to help you organize your Naples get-away. (The drive to Naples takes around 30 minutes)
Leaving Marco Island for the Day
1. Let’s start with a cup of coffee and breakfast at Doreen’s Cup of Joe before we leave Marco Island for our day trip to Naples. (If coffee is not your way of waking up, there is always the fresh squeezed orange juice). Doreen’s has a wide variety of pancakes, waffles, French Toast, and traditional breakfast plates. This is the perfect place to start your morning.
5th Avenue South Shopping and Dining
2. Arriving at Naples, I highly suggest going to the 5th Avenue South shopping and dining area first. This street is lined with specialty gift and clothing shops and nice restaurants. Each shop has it’s own “uniqueness” – make sure you go in “Wind in the Willows” which has a “signature” cat that roams the store. Other favorite shops in this area are Chicos, Regatta, and the Blue Mussel.
3. After a few hours shopping, it’s now time for lunch. There are several nice restaurants along 5th Avenue South. The great thing about dining in this area is that the restaurants offer outdoor dining, giving you a great opportunity to people watch. It’s also nice to observe the nice vehicles lining the street – sometimes Bentleys, expensive sports cars, or collectable antique cars. One restaurant I want to try is new to the area – The Pearl Steak and Seafood Restaurant which has Key Lime Pie Cake Doughnuts for desert! I’m thinking yummy!!!
Beach Time or Zoo Time?
4. After lunch, how about some time on the beach? A short drive to downtown’s Naples Municipal Beach and Pier offers pearlescent sugar sand that runs along the gentle Gulf of Mexico. Activities along the beach range from sunning, walking, fishing, shelling and bird watching. It’s a good idea to bring a shell bag and binoculars. His beach offers a long stretch for walking and relaxing by the sea.
5. If you need a break from the beach, we suggest the Naples Zoo. Naples Zoo is a nationally accredited zoo and yet much more than a walk-through zoo. A paved path winds nearly a mile past rare and beautiful animals residing within a historic tropical garden of exotic plants. In this tropical setting, you can take delight at seeing many of your favorite animals like lions, giraffes, monkeys, pythons, and bears. In addition, you’ll also discover feature exhibits and an array of more rarely seen creatures like the Madagascar or a giant anteater.
It’s Ice Cream Time at Kilwin’s
6. After your day’s adventure at the beach or zoo, how about a visit to Kilwin’s Ice Cream? I have to admit that Kilwin’s is absolutely my favorite place in Naples!!!! In addition to the best ice cream (EVER) their homemade mackinaw style fudge and chocolates are not bad either!
The Evening Hours in Naples
7. As the evening arrives and the sunset hour gets close, a visit to the Naples Pier is not to be missed! There is no way I can describe the beauty of a sunset in this special place. Be sure to bring your camera for one of the most memorable photographs you will ever take. As the sun goes down over the Naples Pier you will wonder at the beauty of the moment!
8. The evening hours are perfect for another stroll along 5th Avenue South. The street is bright with lights from all the beautiful palms. A visit to the Naples Performing Arts Theater with the Naples Players is also a great evening. The theater’s 65th Anniversary Season includes an exciting lineup of shows. including CHICAGO, Irving Berlin’s White Christmas and Guys & Dolls, heartfelt comedies, magical adventures and even a World Premiere Show!
Returning to Marco Island
9. What an eventful day we’ve had on our day trip to Naples – and now it’s time to return to Marco Island and Sea Mar Condo. If you haven’t made your reservation yet for your Fall and Winter get-away, visit us now to reserve your stay!
Visit our website at https://seamarcondo.com to our rates and availability. Our website also provides more information on Sea Mar Condo and Marco Island. Let us help you make the most of your Marco Island vacation!